Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Networking - Cleveland, OH

So, am I the only one bemoaning the fact that August begins next week? To me, August always used to mean the "end of summer." Of course, as a parent, I am now look at August as being the "beginning of the new school year."

Either way, I noticed that August is almost here and there hasn't been a decent local networking event that isn't "career specific." I mean, I attend lots of great networking luncheons and cocktail hours, but most focus on either Accounting and Finance (my primary recruiting areas) or professional development.

Why not have a great networking cocktail hour at one of the fabulous bars in Cleveland? And why not have it be just so all of us can *finally* get a chance to meet in person?

Here's what I'm thinking... I want to set up a networking event somewhere in Cleveland toward the end of August. It would be a cash bar (sorry, folks) and the sole purpose would be for everyone who knows each other online (either by MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) to finally meet in person. Or, even if we know each other already, it's a great way to say "hi" in a way that doesn't involve email!

Post your suggestions for days during the 3rd or 4th week in August, as well as possible locations. Based on the most agreed upon day and location, I'll set up "Mary's End of Summer Networking Cocktail Party" (yeah, I'm gonna need to come up with a better name than that!)

Comments -

Mary Stewart McGovern
President
Stewart McGovern Enterprises
http://www.stewartmcgovern.com/

*****Check out Mary's new ebook, I've Graduated from College. Now What? Or, How to Go About Starting Your Career and Not Finding Just Another JOB. Now available for purchase on our website, http://www.stewartmcgovern.com/!

No comments: